Saturday, March 26, 2011

So far so good

I have been using Ubuntu 10.10 for about a week now.  I have not had any problems what-so-ever.  I have not tried to import my music or anything from my previous hard drive yet.  I thought I had an extra hard drive connection in my tower, but I did not see one a couple of days ago when I tried to connect it. 

I mainly use my Ubuntu box remotely from a laptop.  Everything looks choppy although I believe that is due to VNC.  I would like to be able to switch users while connected VNC.  I believe that Ubuntu prevents this for security reasons.  I'm thinking that this can be changed.  More details to follow.

I'm thinking I will connect my hard drive through USB and start downloading my music.  I might even get crazy and write a script to move all of my mp3 files to a folder on my new hard drive and format the other.  I can use it as a backup.  I also would like to get another hard drive cable (a SATA cable I believe). 

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment