Sunday, March 20, 2011

Twitter Client Issues

In this post, I will write about two twitter clients I used with Ubuntu 10.10.  I noticed Gwibber when I first started using Ubuntu.  I set up my twitter account and tweeted a few times.  I noticed that every three to five minutes a box would appear listing the status of my accounts.  This began to disturb me after a while so I googled it.  I read a page that listed this as a bug and recommended uninstalling Gwibber.

So I un-installed using tips I found on this page. I then did some research and settled on Hotot as my new client of choice.  I followed instructions from this page and I tweeted a few times.  I like everything about Hotot except for the way you call it.  This page uses a command to start Hotot, but I would like to start it from a shortcut on my desktop, or automatically on start up.  I'm sure this can be done, but it will take more research on my part.  It's March Madness for gosh shakes!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment